So my personal life has gotten busier and kept me from blogging as often as I would like. After putting my hand up for a position going at work, freaking out about it, being offered the job, and then freaking out some more, my head has been all over the place lately. I have been spending a lot of time preparing for my new role (which by the way is totally out of my comfort zone), training up my minions on the jobs I currently do, and basically giving myself pep talks about what a great opportunity this is, and that I can actually do it.
In the meantime, I did make a mean loaf cake which has gotten me through this week. I adapted it slightly from allrecipes.com, but it’s so simple and delicious that I have totally made it twice already.
Mixed Berry Loaf Cake
- 100g Butter
- 1c Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2c Milk
- 1t Vanilla Essence
- 1 3/4c Flour
- 1t Baking Powder
- 1c Frozen Berries (I used 1/2 c Raspberries and 1/2c Blueberries)
- 2t Sugar
- 1t Ground Cinnamon
- 8-10 Raspberries
- Cream Butter and Sugar in a Mixing Bowl. Beat in Eggs, Milk and Vanilla.
- In a Separate Bowl, Combine Flour and Baking Powder. Add to Creamed Mixture until Just Combined.
- Gently Fold in Berries. Pour into a Greased Loaf Pan.
- Mix Sugar and Cinnamon Together. Press Raspberries into loaf and sprinkle Cinnamon-Sugar on Top.
- Bake at 190 Degrees Celsius for 50-55 Minutes – Until a Skewer Comes out Clean.
- Cool for 10 Minutes before removing from Pan and Placing on a Wire Rack to Cool Completely.
- raspberry loaf cake with chambord glaze (tutti-dolci.com)