Happy New Year, Friends!
December was a mad rush of last-minute jobs, Christmas parties and feeling festive. I am really enjoying my time off work – already losing track of any sort of routine, eating anything I please and unfortunately sitting on my behind more often than going out walking. But hey, that’s what holidays are for – time to reset, relax and enjoy life.
2013 was such a great year in so many ways, but also quite a hard one.
The best bits for me were:
- Seeing The Killers live in concert
- Learning how to use the Manual setting on my camera
- Getting an early birthday present in the form of my parents and littlest sister coming to Melbourne for a holiday
- Travelling around Europe for two months
- Dyeing my hair a new shade of awesome
- Finding some new music faves in the form of Imagine Dragons, Lana Del Rey and Lorde
- Trying a new Juice Cleanse and not totally loving it
- Spending some time on the Gold Coast
- Taking part in the ‘Emma & Tom’s Christmas Run‘ – I walked 10kms in 1:22:28 and was really happy with this result!
I have no idea what 2014 has in store for me – the only guarantee at this point is that I will sadly reach the end of my 20’s and take the scary first steps into my 30’s. Eeek!
I also know that I am not down for New Years Resolutions. This year, I am setting some achievable goals instead – like, looking after myself more; keeping in better contact with friends and family; and being kind to myself.
What are your goals for 2014?