Thing 28: Own at Least 5 Dresses, and Actually Wear Them!
This is a funny one.
I was always envious of those girls who wore dresses like all the time.
I loved the idea of prancing around in flowy dresses, not a care in the world.
But, I could never find dresses that fitted my body right.
A short upper body and wide womanly hips can make shopping for dresses and skirts quite tricky.
But I really wanted to be a dress wearer.
I mean, why try to figure out what combination of pants and tops I should wear each day, when I could just chuck on a dress and be done?!
So I have looked and tried on many a dress.
I think I have finally found a style that suits me, and one that I can get away with buying online, confident that it will fit my body right.
I am pleased to say that not only do I own and wear MORE than the five dresses I was aiming for; but now I hardly ever wear pants to work!
I am officially a dress-wearer.
I bet you’ve all been dying to see the last installment of my 30 Day Photo Challenge! What… no? You’re all living your own lives and totally don’t even care? Too bad, I’m going to show you anyway. Just think of me as that family member who bores you to death with a 3-hour slide show of their recent trip overseas, which is mostly all landscapes and features the same mountain from about 5 different angles. Just grin, bear it and try not to ask any questions. It’ll be over before you know it. Oh, and I totally didn’t bring you back any souvenirs either. Sorry.
Day 21 – Where I Sleep. Sounded kinda creepy, but I went with it anyways.
Day 22 – Clothing.
Day 23 – In My Closet.
Day 24 – Gratitude. So hard. How do you photograph something you feel?! So I took the cheesy route and used pictures of myself with my family.
Day 25 – Artwork. It’s a rabbit, but kind of looks like a dog from a different angle.
Day 26 – Transportation.
Day 27 – Daily Routine.
Day 28 – Night-time.
Day 29 – Light.
Day 30 – Self-Portrait.
So there you have it – 30 Day Photo Challenge is done! I hope you all enjoyed following me and my photos during the month. I had thought about doing another round of photos in November, but I really couldn’t be bothered. Besides, I am going to do a Christmas themed challenge in December which I am totally excited for!
In case you didn’t already know, I am a huge Pinterest fan. Huge. I love how there is an image available for just about anything you could imagine, and if there isn’t, then you just go ahead and Google the crap out of it and pin that sh*t yourself. The organiser in me loves that you can set up different boards to keep your pins themed up. And I totally love it when people re-pin something I have pinned, even though it wasn’t my original pin to start with. But most of all I love that the pins take you (if they have been pinned properly) directly to the website or blog that the image came from, which is so neat.
Like most people I know, I spend much of my time on Pinterest re-pinning or finding lovely images to post on my 21 boards, sticking them on there (comments and all) and thinking nothing more of it. But, I now have the satisfaction of actually using some of my pinspiration (see what I did there?) in my real life! Who would have thought?! So this week I’d like to share some of the pins that I have actually used in the real world. FYI – the links will take you to the actual website the pins came from so you can check them out yourself! Don’t say I don’t do anything nice for you.
2. Baked Lemon Lavender Donuts. When we went to Daylesford a couple of months ago I bought some culinary lavender and proceeded to scour pinterest for ideas to use it. I had never cooked with it before, and although the donuts were quite delicious and tangy, they were also kind of weird. Acquired taste, maybe?
Time is going so fast right now. I can’t believe I have been back in Melbourne nearly a week already. Seems like just yesterday I was belting out Wilson Phillips “Hold On” with my sister on Singstar! She won, but I think I was pretty good competition.
So this week has been fast and busy and I have found a few new gems that I’d like to share with you all. And let’s be completely honest here, some of these things I totally fell in love with when I was home last week, but it still counts.
Without further ado…
1. Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter. I have never been a lipstick wearer. At all. I feel like I look too old when ever I have worn lipstick, and any I have tried make my lips feel really dry and weird. But, I did want to start wearing lipstick, after seeing my friends and sisters wearing it – and looking oh so glamourous – so by accident I found this stuff. And omg is it good! It feels like a chapstick, but has the beautiful colour and staying power of a good lipstick. Also the casing is super cute! I originally bought Peach Parfait (cos I wanted to wear lipstick but didn’t want to shout it from the rooftops), and instantly fell in love. This week I bought a second one (Gumdrop, which I love even more!), and am totally considering buying a third.
2. While I was travelling to and from home last week I read the first book in the Hunger Games series. I have been itching to read it ever since I saw the movie, but as I hate starting a new book halfway through already reading one, I had to wait a while. Obviously I knew how things would turn out, after seeing the movie, but I was instantly hooked. It was so well written and easy to read, I can’t wait to get into the next one.
3. My new lunchbox!! My friend brought this amazing lunchbox to work one day and I absolutely loved it! So she got one for me aswell 🙂 It is the perfect salad lunchbox I have ever found. Lots of space for all your salad greens at the bottom, plus a compartment above with a divider and a cute little condiment pottle! It also comes with a knife and fork. Totes adorbs.
4. I am almost ashamed to admit this, but I became totally obsessed with the Bachelorette these past few weeks. It sadly came to an end this week, and although I am glad Emily found love, I’m kinda bummed this guy isn’t on the market anymore. Seriously. Luckily for me I am already happily coupled up, so I can’t really complain, but still.
5. Today I found out that the new Daiso store has opened in the CBD! It is amazing, and so much bigger than the one in Abbotsford. I am kind of glad I didn’t know until accidentally stumbling on it today, as they only accept cash, and I didn’t have much on me, or I could have walked out with half the store.
6. I found this video a couple of weeks ago, and think it is wonderful! I love her energy, and think the song is really cute. Happy Vibes coming your way!!